

Last Thursday I found out that I have thyroid cancer and that I have to have surgery. When my mom and dad told me I felt scared. I know that some cancers can mean that you're sick. Some cancer means that you’re sick in a bad way. But my kind of cancer is a good cancer. When I think about my surgery during the day I feel scared and nervous because I never stayed in a hospitol before except for when I was born. My mom is going to stay in the hospitol with me the whole time though.that helps me to feel better.
Since I found out I have cancer mom and dad have been telling people that I am sick and I have cancer so they will pray for me. Hundreds of people are praying for me. Last night daddy's basketball team laid their hands on me and prayed for me.
Since I had cancer pepole are making cards for me it makes me feel speshel. I got one big huge giant one from the out loud team it made me feel happy and I got 3 in the mail 1 is from my teacher in promisland (its like Sunday school) and 1 is from miss Erin she is the prinsubull in promisland and 1 from great grandma mickey it made me feel good.
These are some of the emails I got………
This one is from my grandma carrie.
"For God so loV ed the world,
That He g A veHis
on L y
Begott E n
SoN
That whosoeverBelieveth
I n HimShould
N ot perish,
But have E verlasting life."
John 3:16

May your troubles be less, your blessings more, and nothing but happiness comes through your door!
This one is from Donna..........
"Hi Emily,My name is Mrs. Stanger. I am Mark's Mom. He says we have something in common. Thyroid surgery. I had part of my thyroid removed in December. I expected it to hurt a lot, but I was surprised afterward that it really did not hurt too much. Plus, they gave me pain medicine to help the pain go away too. I thought I would have trouble talking, but I was able to talk normally afterwards. I was able to eat too, and I like to eat. So, a lot of the things that I was concerned about didn't happen. I was in the hospital about three days. If I needed any thing there was this button to push and they would answer and tell me that someone would come soon to help me.They did put a drain tube in my neck which they took out in a couple days. It helped keep the swelling down, and they put strips of tape over my incision so I didn't even have to have stitches. I can still see my scar, but it seems to fade away more each day.The best part is knowing Jesus. He promises us to always be with us through good times and bad times. He loves us and is concerned about us. He is the Great physician and we can pray to Him and he helps us to be calm when we feel afraid. He gives us strength when we feel weak, He comforts us when we feel lonely. The Bible says, "I can do all things through Him, who strengthens me". in Phillipians 4:13 So, we know we won't be alone through the surgery and afterwards.I will pray for you and am sure many others will be doing so, and it is a great privilege to pray for one another. I pray that you will soon be feeling as good as ever.
May God bless you real good,
Donna Stanger "
I thought is was nice that she had the same surgery as me and it made me feel better.
These are from my cusin Sydney (she is my pen pal)..............

"Hi Emily, I hope you feel better soon. I'm praying for you and caring for you alot. We, as in, my mommy and I are really hoping you feel better. Happy Valentine's Day!!!! Love, Sydney "
"Hi Emily, I hope you are doing good and I wish you didn't have cancer because I love you even though I hardly DO know you, but I really hope you are doing great. I'm definitely praying for you every night. I love you so much and that picture U guys sent us was beautiful. Well, I gota'get doing my homework. Sydney. "
Love, emily









13 comments:
Hi Emily, I just wanted you to know that I love you and really enjoyed seeing you at the party last saturday. Summer thinks you're really cool and very nice. We do too! Hang in there honey.
Hi Emily I love you so much and you are just a joy and a blessing to your dad and me. I am so proud of you.
Sadie posted a comment too but it got deleted when I had to come back and add all of the pictures you wanted on here.
This is what she said...
"Even though we don't know each other, I feel like I do. I'm praying for you every day, Emily and I want you to know that when you are in surgery, I will have my whole church in prayer for you. We have an email prayer chain so I can send my whole church an email and they will all pray while you're in surgery.
We love you!
~Sadie"
My little Emily,
Hi baby girl. This is your Auntie Reebeely Teebeely. I love you so much. I remember being there the day you were born and holding you in my arms so small, beautiful, and precious. When you came home I held you and couldn't stop smiling and being silly with joy for days. I have watched you grow up over the years getting more beautiful and smart everyday. Whenever I am blue alls I need are you, your brother, and sister to brighten my day. I wil be praying for you and be here for you when ever you need me. I love you so much my precious baby as I have always told your mom you are my baby.
Love one of your favorite Aunties,
Corey Cooper
This experience is going to give you a great way to share your faith in God with other people! Don't be too scared of the hospital, I work in one, and all the people there are really nice. They are all there to take care of you and your mommy! Think of it as camping out indoors with special time for just you and mommy. It will get boring too, so bring some puzzles, or books, or pictures of pippy to look at! Have a beautiful day!
Hi Emily,
When I was a girl, I had to have open heart surgery. I was scared, but then I realized God knew all about it when He made me, so it was no surprise to Him. :o) My Mom stayed with me in the hospital the whole time (2 weeks). One night we ordered Chinese food delivered to my room! LOL My Dad took me to my follow-up appointments and that was a really special time for just him and me. Once God helped me get over being scared, I was really excited and interested in all of the things that were going on.
I'm praying for you.
Mrs. deMoose
I am praying that your surgery goes well Emily and that you're not scared!
Emily:
Ifound out about you through the homeschoolblogger.com site.
Your story touched my heart. Our family is praying for you.
I love the photos of you and your cat. We are cat people, too.
I'll be back to either your site your mom's to see how things are going.
God bless you,
Michelle
Summerfield, NC
Emily, when I was 8 years old I was very sick and had surgery at a hospital. I was there for 3 months (a very long time) and everyone at the hospital was really nice to me. After the surgery it hurt a little, but the nurses and doctors helped me and the hurt when goodbye. I am certain the people at the hospital will be very nice and help you also.
Try not to worry when they take you, on the bed, down to the room where they will do the surgery. That was the scariest part for me. Soon, it will be all over and you will wake up in your room, where you mom and dad will be smiling and happy to see you after you are fixed!
Miuch love, Aunt Missy
Hi Emily,
Mom, me, and everybody in the house will be praying for you. I pray that all goes well with your surgery. I'm 9 years old and I have a blog too... here it is:
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/belovedlamb
I hope you get better soon!
Your (new) friend,
Amy Rachel
Emily, you are such a sweet girl! I wanted to encourage you. When i was 10 years old I too was hospitalized for a few days. It was carey at first, Im issed my own bed at home *winks*, but the nurses were SOOOoooo nice and the doctors were really sweet to me. Soon I relaxed and it was okay, and before I knew it i was home again. My parents always stayed with me so I never felt alone, and God hed me close too, just as I know He will hold you close too! Anytime you start to feel lonely or scared just think of Him holding your hand or laying right there next to you. The Bible says that He never leaves us, but is ALWAYS with us! Just remember, even though you can't see Him, His hand is always on you, His arms always holding you in a great big hug! Just imagine that anytime you start to get scared okay? We love you girl and we are wrapping you in prayers from England!!
~kristy
Emily,
I am a homeschooling mom from Massachusetts. I will be praying for you while you are in the hospital. I am looking forward to seeing a new post on your blog when you are recovered. Lots of love!
Emily, I was just thinking about you and thought I would check in on your mom's blog. YEAH GOD! YOU'RE COMING HOME!!!!!! What a great way to end my day with such great news. May you sleep so sweetly in your own bed tonight! I can't wait to see you again!
Love,
Michele
PS I love the pictures of your cat and of course YOU! You are so beautiful!
1 more to go .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]=====================================================================================================================================================================================================================--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ?>":}{+_<>)(*&^%$#@!~`
Post a Comment